Noah’s Ark Pre-school Playgroup has an excellent reputation. If you are interested in sending your child, why not give Nicole a ring and arrange a visit. We have excellent parking facilities.
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community based group.
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- To teach the children basic Christian values
We offer your child
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning goals
- We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and are registered through Ofsted.
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children
- Fun and friendship with children and adults
- The support of a personal keyworker
- Our facilities in pictures
Children with special needs, like all other children, are admitted to Noah’s Ark after consultation with parents and Playschool leaders.
Our staff are highly trained in child care or have relevant background knowledge. Most are first aiders.
- We meet Monday-Friday 9.15 a.m. - 1 p.m. in term time only
- Children bring a packed lunch each morning
- A signing in and out book is used daily for extra safety
- We offer parents to stay in the first week of term for half an hour to have tea and coffee. This is in the church so we can come over and let them know how there children are settling in.
- Children who are in receipt of funding do not have to pay a deposit or registration fee.
Noah’s Ark Playschool is registered with Ofsted for 26 children from the age of 2. Children can start after their second birthday depending on availability. There is a requirement for children to a attend a minimum of 2 sessions up to 5 sessions depending on availability. We encourage the use of toilets as our facilities include child sized toilets: staff will assist them in using the toilet facilities. With regards to toileting, we do change nappies and parents need to supply nappies, wipes and change of clothes in a zipped or drawstring bag (no carrier bags).
We have extensive outside play areas with tarmac for the winter months and a grassy area for the summer months. The children are encouraged to play outside each day, weather permitting.
What to wear
In order to feel free to enjoy and experiment with all kinds of materials, including messy ones, it is best to send your children dressed in clothes that are easily washable or not too new.
Key Workers and Record Keeping
Our key worker system gives each member of staff particular responsibility for up to six children. In addition, the key worker is in a position to tailor the group’s curriculum to the unique needs of each individual child.
We are able to implement an excellent record keeping system in which observations of the children in the group and at home are used as a basis for drawing up a curriculum for each child.
All our policies are designed to offer the best possible experience for the children and families in the group. Our policies are reviewed annually and comments and suggestions from parents are always welcome. A copy of our policies are displayed on the notice board in the foyer.
We focus on a theme and also concentrate on a letter and a number each week. The children are divided into 3 groups for story time.
We encourage parents to be involved at Playschool by having a rota for parents to help during sessions.
- Children’s birthdays are celebrated.
- Playschool praise (usually on the Friday at the end of each half term).
- At Christmas, the children take part in a Nativity play.
We welcome visits to Noah’s Ark. So that you are given maximum time, please contact Nicole to arrange a convenient time.
Find out more
- Parents' Guide to Noah's Ark Playschool
- Latest newsletter - April 2015 (pdf, 157k)
- Parent Induction Notes (pdf, 172k)
- Registration form (pdf, 140k)
- The Noah's Ark Team
- Safeguarding Policy (pdf, 102k)
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion Policy (pdf, 56k)
- Discipline and behavioural policy (pdf, 47k)
- Policy on working in partnership with parents (pdf, 37k)
We are affiliated to Crabtree Church, Harpenden - for further details see the Crabtree Church website.
“Teach a child how he should live and he will remember it all his life” Proverbs 22 verse 6
Crabtree Church, Crabtree Lane,
Tel. 01582 469308/ 07984554536
Mrs. Nicole Hodge